Dates and Deadlines
Find deadlines, holidays and other important dates for the college’s current and upcoming semesters!
TCC’s academic calendar has 16-week semesters in the fall and spring and a 10-week semester in summer. Shorter sessions are also offered within each semester to provide students a variety of course lengths and start times.
Fall 2019 Academic Dates
August 19, 2019 – December 13, 2019
March 25, 2019
Open registration (new and returning students)
August 19, 2019
First Day of 16-week Classes and 1st 8-week Classes
September 2, 2019
Labor Day (college closed, no classes)
September 16, 2019
First Day of 12-week Classes
October 16, 2019
First Day of 2nd 8-week Classes
November 27, 2019
Thanksgiving Holiday Begins (college closed, no classes)
December 1, 2019
Thanksgiving Holiday Ends (college closed, no classes)
December 13, 2019
Last day of classes (including examination)
Note: Students who wish to withdraw without academic penalty should contact a counselor to determine the appropriate procedure and date. Withdrawals through completion of sixty percent of a session will result in a W grade. After sixty percent of a session is completed, a withdrawal will result in a grade of F in a credit course or a grade of U in a developmental course, except under mitigating circumstances that must be documented by the instructor and approved by the academic dean.
Fall 2019 Tuition Deadlines
Your tuition deadline depends on when you register for fall classes. Your classes will be dropped if tuition is not paid by the applicable deadline.
- If you register between March 18 and July 22: You must pay for your tuition by 11 p.m. on July 22
- If you register between July 23 and July 29: You must pay for your tuition by 11 p.m. on July 29
- If you register between July 30 and August 5: You must pay for your tuition by 11 p.m. on August 5
- If you register between August 6 and August 12: You must pay for your tuition by 11 p.m. on August 12
- If you register on or after August 13: You must pay for your tuition by 11 p.m. on the day you register for classes
If you have sufficient approved financial aid (identified as anticipated financial aid in your myTCC Student Center), a current tuition assistance agreement (third-party contract), a senior citizen waiver, or are enrolled in TCC’s Tuition Payment Plan, your classes will be protected.
If your anticipated financial aid, third-party contract, or payment plan is not sufficient to pay all tuition and fee charges, you must pay the difference by the deadline or you will be dropped from unpaid classes.