Apply for Financial Aid
Earning your college degree is a challenge; paying for it shouldn’t be. The fact is that there are a variety of ways to pay for college. So where do you start? By applying for federal financial aid.
Apply for financial aid, even if you don’t think you will qualify for, or use, it. More than half of TCC students receive some financial assistance such as scholarships, grants, loans, work study programs, and military education benefits. You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for any type of financial assistance.
Some types of aid are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so apply for financial aid early!
HOW TO APPLY
We know the financial aid process can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help!
- Complete the FAFSA online at FAFSA.gov
- Check your myTCC account regularly to monitor the status of your application. You will receive a Student Aid Report (which contains your expected family contribution) and may be asked to provide additional information.
- If you’re eligible for aid, TCC will send you an aid offer showing the amount and types of aid available to you.
- Review your official financial aid award offer carefully and follow the directions for next steps. Some sources of aid (such as student loans) require an additional application process.
TCC is making it easier for students to complete the FAFSA by partnering with the Educational Opportunity Center to offer in-person assistance with the FAFSA. No appointments are required; these services are available on a first-come, first-served basis.Find help on campus
- Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule
- Online Book Authorization Form
- How do I purchase books with financial aid?
- Student Responsibilities: Financial Aid
- Where do I purchase my books?
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Types of Financial Aid: Grants
- Types of Financial Aid: Loans
- Does TCC offer scholarships to pay for college?
- Am I eligible for Federal Work-Study?