Email & Student Accounts
If you do not know your username or password, go to myTCC and then click on "Forgot Username" or "Forgot Password" to look up your username and reset your password.Learn More
All students admitted to TCC are assigned a VCCS Gmail account. New student email accounts are activated within 15 minutes of your application being processed.
You will receive a temporary password that is good for 30 days when you complete your online application.
You will use these same credentials to access myTCC, your student portal, which allows you to register for classes, schedule advising appointments and access Canvas for course work. Make sure you keep your username and password in a safe place!
Important email and student account information
- All email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org, and your email address will never change.
- You do NOT need to set up a new Gmail account. Your email username and password are the same ones you use to sign in to the Student Information system, myTCC, at tcc.my.vccs.edu.
- Your temporary password is good for only 30 days, so set up a personal password right away. If you don’t, you will be locked out of SIS. If you are locked out, the TCC Information Center (757-822-1122) will reset your password.
- You only need to log into your TCC email through myTCC the first time. After that, you can access your TCC email directly through Gmail, or through your mobile device.
- If you do not know your username or password, go to myTCC and then click on “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” to look up your username and reset your password.
- You must use your student email address as your official email in Canvas.
Your student email is the only way you will receive official communications from TCC and academic departments. Throughout your academic career, we will communicate important information to you through your student email. Check it often!